14 Great Tips For The Best DIY Laminate Flooring Installation
Laminate floors have currently emerged out as a trendy and quality flooring option. Importantly, these are even the perfect DIY flooring solutions for you and can embellish your home like no other.
So are you looking to install high-quality laminate floors all yourself in your house?
If so, here we have brought a few handy tips and tricks which would turn your laminate flooring installation job a lot easier:
Installation of Flooring Material:
- Measuring Your Floors:Measuring your floors is the first step and the key to your success. You need to be correct on every inch while measuring, and this should be followed by calculating the total square area utmost accurately.
- Preparing The Floors: Preparing your sub-floors is also a critical step. The surface should be clean and free from dirt etc. If you already have carpet flooring, you need to remove this before installing EGGER or LOC Floors etc.
- Tools That You Need:It’s necessary to get some important tools such as a measuring tape, marking pencil, spacers, hacking saw with blades and the safety equipment etc.
- Preparing The Underlay:You may need the assistance of a laminate flooring supplier in this. The experts can help you in getting a suitable underlay which prevents moisture etc. from reaching the floors.
- Ensure Your Direction:For the best results, you need to install the laminate floors in a direction parallel to the longest wall of the room or the direction of the incoming light.
- Ensure The First Row To Be Perfect:While installing, your first ever row is similar to a foundation which determines the alignment of all the other rows. Needless to mention, you need to measure and align it well, ensuring it to be utmost perfect.
- When Installing The Floors:You need to keep track of the flooring pattern and spread the dark patches evenly till they offer a great appearance. Besides, a 10mm expansion gap is necessary to be left by using the spacers.
- Do Not Apply Too Much Force:Though the laminate floors can be clipped into each other too easily,if they don’t, do not force it. There could be some obstacle in the way.
- When Installing The Last Row: While you are installing the last row, assemble it in length and clip it in place. Once this is done, you can initiate installing the trims which cover the expansion gap.
- When Installing Under Doors:If suppose your laminate flooring continues across the doorway, you may consider leaving a gap between the two rooms. And this transition could be facilitated with the help of a transition strip under the door which allows a better flexibility on the laminate floors.
- The Tape You Use:The underlay may need to be taped,but you cannot use just any tape that you have. Used specialised tapes as recommended by underlay manufacturers.
- Beware Of Temperature And Humidity:Laminate floors could be subjected to expansion and contraction during variations in temperature and humidity. Keep track of this.
- How To Protect Yourself: Ensure to protect your eyes, hands, and knees with the help of safety goggles, gloves,and knee pads respectively.
- Consult The Experts:If you are not too confident about the flooring materials, installation, or anything relating the process, you need to consult the experts or get the job done by them.
The bottom-line is, if you are installing the laminate floors yourself, it is important to adhere to the important guidelines and follow the above tips well to ensure great outcomes.
For more help, Call Prime Floors to get the best assistance with respect to laminate flooring, hardwood flooring and similar other flooring assistance at very affordable prices.